White Dinners in Charlotte was established as an opportunity to get together with family and friends to enjoy good food and friendship.
Dinners are held outdoors often spontaneously.
We all know that spontaneous events take a lot of planning, permits and permission.
The dinners are modeled after the “Diner en Blanc” in Paris that are held on public spaces, a 25 year tradition of gourmet food and wine.
Suddenly, people from everywhere come to a place, set up tables, chairs, spread white tablecloths, unpack food and have a great time.
The White Dinner. Almost like a foodies flash mob. Only when they leave, the space is left clean and it appears as if nothing ever happened.
The police and authorities stopped trying to interfere because there was no violence, no defacing public property. Things were left better than before. So why not?
There are a few “rules”
- Bring your own table and chairs
- All table linens are to be white
- Participants are to dress all in white
- Bring your own food and drink
- Bring your own china, glass and silver
- Only wine and champagne, please no beer or other alcohol
We are just getting started so Come back and see the fun!
White Dinners are by invitation only.
The premier event will take place on Saturday, 7/28 at 7:30 PM
Keeping with tradition, the location will be announced on the day of the event.
Limited space available. Ticket sales and reservations are likely.
- Parisian picnic pops up at Place des Vosges (news.yahoo.com)
- Parisian picnic pops up at Place des Vosges (vancouversun.com)
- Chicago In White Returns For A Second Magical Year (chicagoist.com)